Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Educon 2.1

It was a good conference. I enjoyed some of the presentations, and picked up a couple of valuable tools. Coming from a private school, I forget the constant struggle, whether real or perceived, between us (teachers) and them (school system). These conferences tend to be a rallying cry to the tech elite and administrators to fight for change or else become obsolete. On a lot of points I agree with them, but it still strikes me as funny, that we have to go through all of these "call to action meetings" in order to get people to use something that makes their lives easier, and helps kids get more out of their own learning.

I again look to other professionals and say "do you tolerate this?" Is using a new tool an option at your company? We have to move from the argument to use it, into the expectation that you will use it.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page