Friday, January 16, 2009

Do you get it?

I am coming to the realization that if you don't get or use technology in your personal life, you aren't going to get it or use it in your professional life. If you spend 2 hours a month online, don't get facebook and have never read a blog, I don't think you are going to all of a sudden start incorporating technology into your teaching. Why would you?

I also think that training only helps a little bit. If you can't learn on your own, or figure out how to use something on your own, there is only so much I can show you. A colleague told me I don't want to train them to do what I am doing, I want them to go off and create something new, something I could use. A few will, but most will only be able to follow a recipe, and unfortunately the thought of creating something new terrifies them.

Sorry I don't have any answers, only frustration.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

http://nancynearphiladelphia.blogspot.com/2009/02/facebook-and-boundaries.html

You may see some increase in traffic as a result of the above.

That sounded like a fortune cookie.

 
Locations of visitors to this page